DEFINITION AND INTERPRETATION
“JB Removals” means sole trader ABN 59 622 760 436, trading as JB Removals Pty Lda. “We” means each Principal Contractor who performs services under contract and, except in relation to provisions of these term and conditions which relate solely to the performance of Services, JB Removals Solutions, and “Us” and “Our” have corresponding meaning.
“You” means the person entering into a contract as the customer who is identified as such on the booking forms, text message, emails and where the context requires, each other person that that person is authorized to represent, and “Your” has corresponding meaning.
You as a customer have the obligation to read and sing the contract before purchasing JB Removals Services.
JB Removals has a skilled and experienced team of highly professional removalists. We are considerate and have an understanding of respect handling your household goods safely and with caution. We have been fastest growing removals company in Sydney. We are certified with Public Liability and Marine and Transit Insurance.
Mistakes are very rare and also we have a near immaculate record over the last 5 years always improving on our own customer satisfaction. However by law removalists are unable to insure your goods unless they are a registered insurance agent. Therefore we recommend taking out the level of insurance you require based on your needs, if this is what you desire to do, you can use your own trusted insurer or a couple of websites below can help you begin your process.
* website: www.savillhickscorp.com.au
phone: 1300 730 073
* website: www.removalsinsurance.com.au
phone: 1300 880253
*(JB Removals HAS NO RELATIONS OR PARTNERSHIPS WITH THESE INSURANCE COMPANIES (Savillhicks Corp & Removals Insurance), WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ANY ACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND INSURANCE AGENTS SUCH AS COST OF INSURANCE, INSURANCE PACKAGES, INSURANCE CLAIMS AND ALL OTHER AGREEMENTS BETWEEN YOU AND INSURANCE AGENTS. ALL ACTIONS THAT ARE TAKEN ARE PURELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE INSURANCE AGENTS)
- Client Obligations on Removals
- information Provided. Client warrants that the information provided to JB Removals and in which JB Removals have reasonably relied in assessing any quotation or estimate of the resources necessary to carry out the work is accurate.
- Client warrants that the same is the owner of the Goods, or the authorised agent of the owner in the subject matter.
- Client ensures that the same is present or some person on its behalf is present when the Goods are loaded or unloaded.
- Dangerous Goods. Client warrants that the Goods does not include any fire arms or goods which are or may become of a dangerous, corrosive, highly combustible, explosive, damaging or noxious nature nor likely to encourage any vermin or pest unless Client have disclosed to JB Removals in writing the presence and nature of any such items prior to them being made available to JB Removals for loading or storage. JB Removals may refuse to remove or store such items. If JB Removals discover any article or substance of this nature after the Goods have been received, 18 Removals may take any reasonable action, including destruction or disposal, as JB Removals may think fit without incurring any liability to the Client.
- Fragile Goods and Valuable Items. Client will, prior to the commencement of the removal or storage, give to Us written notice of any Goods which are of a fragile or brittle nature and which are not readily apparent as such, or which comprise jewellery, precious objects, works of art, money, collections of items or precision equipment in any case having a value in excess of $2,000.00.
- Goods Left Behind or Moved In Error. Client will ensure, to the best of its ability, that all Goods to be removed or stored are uplifted and that none is taken in error.
- Methods of Removals
- Mode of Carriage. JB Removals shall be entitled to carry the Goods by any reasonable route (having regard to all the circumstances including the nature and destination of any other Goods being carried on the Vehicle) and by any reasonable means.
- JB Removals may hire or engage subcontractors to fulfil the services under this Agreement.
- Delivery JB Removals shall not be bound to deliver the Goods except to Client or a person authorized in writing by Client to receive the Goods. If JB Removals cannot deliver the Goods either because no authorized person is present to receive them upon arrival, or because JB Removals cannot gain access to the premises, or for any other reason beyond JB Removals control, JB Removals will be entitled to unload the Goods into a warehouse, and will be entitled to charge an additional amount for storage and for the subsequent deliver of the Goods. In this instance, JB Removals will endeavour to contact the Client to ascertain whether Client have any alternative instructions.
- Fortuitous EventJB Removals will not be liable for any delays due to circumstances beyond its control including industrial disputes, riots, war, weather, property access, traffic and road conditions or the failure of the international sea or air carrier(s) to transit the Goods within the agreed time frames.
- Charges and Payments
- QuotationsA quotation is valid for 2 days after which any extensions must be agreed to in writing.
- Additional WorkIf the work Client ultimately requires JB Removals to perform additional work from the work for which a quotation or estimate has been given, JB Removals will also be entitled to make a reasonable additional charge.
- PaymentClient agrees to pay JB Removals to all amount due or charges upon delivery of goods, unless agreed by the Parties in writing. The non payment will resolved under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Loss or Damage
- Inherent RisksCertain goods (including electrical and mechanical appliances, computer equipment, scientific instruments and certain musical instruments) are inherently susceptible to suffer damage or disorder upon removal. Unless that damage or disorder results from the want of due care and skill on the part of JB Removals, its employees or subcontractors.
- PackagingJb Removals will not be liable if the goods sustain damage by reason of defective or inadequate packing or unpacking, and the packing or unpacking (as the case may be) was not undertaken by JB Removals, its employees or subcontractors.
- Notification of Loss or DamageIn case of loss or damage incur, Client Must notify JB Removals within 24hours after the date of delivery. JB Removals will have the best chance of locating any misplace items, or ascertaining the cause of damage.
- ExclusionsJB Removals will not be liable for any loss or damage nor any delay which results from any cause beyond its control. Under no circumstances will JB Removals be responsible for any loss or damage involving the restoration or reconstruction of information or date or any item if so called consequential loss.JB Removals will not cover cosmetic damages that might occur during transportation.
- Limitation of LiabilityJb Removals maximum liability shall be estimate of the value of the goods which client has provided to JB Removals.
- ReservationIn the event Client does not pay in full, JB Remedies has the right to retain Clients’s Goods subject in this agreement.
- InsuranceJB Removals offers to arrange for the goods to be insured during the transit and storage, and the details of the type of insurance and the rates will be provided upon request. This insurance will only be arranged if Client request in writing to do so. Client may arrange insurance with an insurer of Client’s choice.The excess amount that must be paid in order to make a claim is $500. This amount must be paid in full by Client unless agreed otherwise in writing by Client and JB Removals.
Jb Removals offers 2 options for excess reduction:
Client may choose to reduce excess payment to $250 by paying $100 or;
Client may choose to reduce excess payment to $0 nil by paying $250.
Excess reduction must be agreed in writing and payment must be made prior to job commencement or at the end of job performed by Jb Removals should both parties agree to do so in writing.
7A Details and Exemptions:
It is the sole discretion of JB Removals whether to repair damaged goods or replace them using our insurance policy. in either case the agreed excess applies.
Our removalists will sometimes recommend moving an item a certain way or wrapping or dismantling an item. if these recommendations are refused the item won‘t be covered.
We do not offer coverage for items that are poorly made or in bad condition. We do not cover iKEA or other furniture that easily falls apart.
If the access is sufficiently bad that damage to furniture is probable or unavoidable our rernovalists will inform you before moving these items and they will not be covered.
Items that are damaged while being carried over uneven, difficult or steep terrain may not be covered.
Items that are requested to be moved over balconies are moved at the customer’s own risk and not covered.
We do not cover natural stone or slate including pool table slate.
Items that are not packed securely such as lose glassware that is not wrapped properly is not covered.
Appliance failure is not covered due to the fact that failure could occur regardless of how much care was taken to transport it. Please read your manufacturers recommendations and if there are special moving instructions please inform your removalists on moving day.
Example: Some washing machines require special transit bolts to stop the tub from swinging or bouncing up and down during transit.
We require the opportunity to investigate all claims before any action is taken by the customer.
- Privacyln order to provide this quotation, and to enable and assist to provide JB Removals’ services and if Client accept this quotation, JB Removals collect and hold personal information (such as Client’s name, contact details, addresses and banking/payment details as well as photographs of Client Personal property which may have help in providing a quotation or assessing a claim). JB Removals endeavours to protect privacy of the Client.
- Dispute ResolutionIn the event of breach or a dispute that cannot be resolved without third party intervention, the Parties agree to resolve their dispute in arbitration.
- Applicable LawsIn the event of a dispute where federal law does not apply, the Parties agree that Australian law will apply. The Parties agree to resolve any dispute in Australia.
- Severabilityif any provision of this Agreement is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire Agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
- Independent ContractorJB Removals will provide its services to the Client as an independent contractor and not as an employee.
- InterpretationThe terms of this agreement shall be construed in accordance with the meaning of language used and shall not be construed for or against either party by reason of the authorship of this Agreement or any other rule of construction which might otherwise apply.
- AmendmentIt is understood that there are no oral agreements between the parties hereto affecting this Agreement and this agreement supersedes and cancels any and all previous negotiations, arrangements and understandings, if any, between the parties, and none shall be used to interpret this Agreement. This agreement may be amended at any time by the mutual consent of the parties by an instrument in writing.
- Extra ChargesExtra charges will apply for all situations that deemed to be dangerous access i.e:Pianos, stone table tops, billiard tables, butchers tables, oversized barbeques, and all other goods that are considered oversized and overweigh that will risk our safety.
- stone table tops
- billiard tables
- butchers tables
- oversized BBQs
- and all other goods that are considers oversized and overweight that will risk our safety.
Extra charge of $80 per balcony lifts
- Parking SpaceYou, as a customer, are obligated to secure a parking space for our removalists. You will be responsible for all parking tickets, parking fines, and infringements that occurs, if we are unable to get an adequate and legal parking space at your premises.
- CancelationAll jobs that are booked require 48 hours cancelation notice, otherwise a cancelation fee of $150 will apply.